WORK TRACKING INSTRUCTION (WTI)
- Project managers or
Follow the following procedure:
- Ask for a new WTI and this will generate
the number for you when it’s saved.
- Enter a title (for your purposes, but
one that is appropriate for clients also) and any client reference
- Select the project (should be set up
already, before DBSs are written; these are client-specific, and
based on timing or subject, but should not be set up separately for
- Select the task type (functional area of
the system – not site specific), and DBS as appropriate.
- Enter the date delivery is required
(after all QA etc has been done).
- Enter estimate details from the DTS, if
there is one, or from the DBS.
- Enter the type: use Software
Change if it involves any new development and Error & Software
Change if there is bug-fixing as well; use Error if it is only a bug
report; and use User Error if it is. Type is just a
classification, not an indicator of severity or when the work gets
- Enter the priority: this
represents the severity of the problem and should range from Low to
High at present; it does not indicate when work will be done (this
is done with the Date field).
- Enter the status: this represents
the processing stage or the department it is with.
> Top <